GLUTEN FREE CONFIDENCE SCORE: 4/10
The definition of bourbon in the US is that it must be made out of 51% corn or maize, both of which are gluten-free grains. The remaining 49% can be made out of a mash of different grains, and your typical bourbon maker usually includes a grain made out of gluten in this mash (Knob Creek uses Barley). As with other alcoholic beverages, the gluten protein is removed during the distillation process, so in some circles it’s considered “technically” gluten-free.
What’s a gluten-free person to do? It honestly depends on your sensitivity. There are some gluten-free folks who have no problems consuming Knob Creek, but others do have reactions. We strongly recommend you use caution when consuming bourbon if you are on a gluten-free diet, and consider drinking another gluten-free beverage instead. Please read the ingredient and nutrition label carefully. Need help in understanding what to look for on those labels? We have a guide - check it out!